…Alison Hanscom!!! Congratulations!!! Your comment was 4th out of 8!!! Yay!!! Let me know what days work for you!!!
Thanks to everyone who participated!!!
Yesterday I shot my first beloved session with my friends, Katie & Brian. They will share their thoughts on the session later this week, but if you look at the images, you will see they had a really great time!! I came prepared with a list of activities and conversation starters. None of these shots were posed. I guided them as to where to sit and stand (for background purposes), but all emotions, expressions, and interactions were authentic. They were never told to smile. They were guided through experiences together focusing on the goodness in their relationship and taking time to enjoy each other. Beloved sessions intertwine fun moments with tender moments in a beautiful way. Please see my previous blog post if you want to know what beloved is.
Here’s a slideshow sneak peek from their session. I included about 40 pics so you can get a good feel of what beloved looks like!
Please enter the BELOVED SESSION GIVEAWAY by doing 2 simple things. The winner will be selected randomly by random.org and announced tomorrow on Tuesday 1/24 at 10pm!
1. Like me on Facebook and share the following: “Raindancer Studios is giving away a Beloved Couples Session Tuesday at 10pm. Go to http://www.blog.raindancerstudios.com to enter!” (Please link my facebook page in your post by using the @ symbol before my business name.)
2. Leave a comment on the blog answering these 2 questions: What are your initial thoughts on the beloved style of photography? What photo captivated you the most during the slideshow and why?
See below for Rules & Restrictions:
-You must be available one of the three dates listed: Friday 1/27, Saturday morning 1/28, or Monday 1/30
-You must live in Indy.
-You must be married or engaged to be married. (If you have children, you will need to find childcare!!) This is a couples only session.
(This giveaway is in no way sponsored by Facebook.)
For the past few days I’ve been planning my first Beloved session. It’s 3am and I’m up because as I was laying in bed I had an epiphany. (Don’t worry, I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30 hence the reason I’m up now.) I just had to get up out of bed, write down more ideas, and savor the moment.
For those of you who have not heard of Beloved, it is a new genre (or style) of photography for couples. It is experiential based. It’s a movement created by Jesh de Rox.
What is beloved?
-It is an invitation to deeper your relationship with your spouse…to renew passion and joy in your marriage.
-It is a fun.
-It creates moments.
-It has been claimed as “the best date ever.”
-It is a chance to remove the distractions of the world and focus on loving your spouse better.
-It draws you nearer to the heart of your spouse.
-It encourages and evokes true emotion so that your images are based on authentic expressions, not forced poses.
-It strengthens the bond that is already there and deepens the connection.
-It is a celebration of living life together.
-It is freeing.
-It is an experience that impacts the future.
-It is life changing.
-It is a gift to you…to your marriage…to your family.
-It is to love…and be loved.
Tonight as I was laying in bed I was thinking, “How am I going to explain this to Katie & Brian tomorrow? (Thanks Katie & Brian Greiwe for being my gineua pigs!!!) How can I set the stage for them and speak in words to give them a glimpse of the vision behind Beloved.” I started putting words to it. And then I felt a whisper from God…Beloved is a time to love and be loved…a time to receive love. And then my heart flipped and God reminded me of His love for me. I have been thinking about a tattoo for a while. It will go on my left wrist below my palm. As I have prayed about it this past year, the word beloved has been illuminated. God continues to remind me that I am His beloved. It is what I want to put on my wrist. A reminder that I am loved deeply by my Heavenly Father. And suddenly, I began to see why I have instantly grown SOOOOOOOO passionate about offering Beloved sessions. God has been speaking to me about it. I can’t believe I didn’t make the connection until now, but I’m so glad I can see it clearly.
Tonight…I’m blown away. I’m blown away by God’s ability to speak and intertwine himself into things without me even knowing. I’m in awe of the revelation. I’m so excited to be taking the Advanced Pro Class: The Power of Me with Brooke Snow. She pretty much rocks!!! I am excited to do some new things, to push myself in my business and the art of photography, and to explore who God has made me to be as a photographer.
Beloved is MOST DEFINITELY unlocking and unleashing something within me. *dance!!* The vision and heart of this photography movement captures my heart deeply. I have not been this invigorated in a long time. I’m really excited. Not to create images…but to create moments and a lasting impact on marriages and families. Pieces of beloved will forever be incorporated into EVERY single photo session I do with families and couples.
I promise to share more soon! I’ll be posting a client review from the session and pics for my assignments the next 4 weeks here on the blog…AND I will be giving away a Beloved session this week! Look at your calendars…the session will need to take place on Friday 1/27, Saturday 1/28, or Monday 1/30. If you are available, interested or even intrigued…stay tuned for more details on Monday!!!! 🙂
Are you ready for my BIGGEST giveaway yet? I just happen to be taking a photography class by Brooke Snow between January & February (a.k.a. slow photography season!) and will be in need of some willing individuals to photograph in Indianapolis! Yay for you!!! 🙂
This will be done at the location of my choice (in Indianapolis area) & with the theme/style of my choice in between Jan. 18-Feb. 15th. I’m planning to do a lifestyle interactive shoot. (Couples & families are eligible for this giveaway!) I am going to give away at least 1 photo session with CD of pics!!! If this is just so much fun, I may do another future giveaway in another week or two! Stay tuned on the blog just in case! For a sneak peek of a previous “lifestyle” photo session, go to http://vimeo.com/32887663.
You have up to 5 chances to win (you can do 1, 2, 3, 4 or all 5 of the following! If you do not have FB, Pinterest, or Twitter, you may not enter for those.) You must leave a separate comment on the blog to be eligible for EACH chance to win. Be sure to leave your email when filling out the comment section so the winner will be contacted!
Here’s the 5 WAYS TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
1. “Like” my Facebook page (or say if you already do) and share this statement on your FB page “@Raindancer Studios is giving away a free photo session! Register to win at http://www.blog.raindancerstudios.com.” Leave a comment on this blog stating you did it!
2. Follow my Raindancer Studios photo boards (or all of them!) on Pinterest (or say if you already do!) Leave a comment on this blog stating you did it!
3. Share this statement on your Twitter page “Raindancer Studios is giving away a free photo session! Register to win at http://www.blog.raindancerstudios.com.” Leave a comment on this blog stating you did it!
4. Subscribe to my blog notifications on the right hand side of this page (it will come to your email each time I post) or register to receive it on RSS feed (or say if you already do!) Leave a comment on this blog stating you did it!
5. Email me a fun idea you have for a unique creative photo session at firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Giveaway” in the subject line of the email. Include as many details as you can come up with: prop ideas, location, theme, clothing ideas, etc. Leave a comment on this blog stating you did it!
Note: If you want to enter 2 times (i.e. do #1 and #5) you must do them AND leave 2 separate comments on this blog post. If you do all 5, there should be 5 separate blog comments to this blog stating you did it. 🙂 This way I can select by a random number generator!! Thank you!
The winner will be selected via random.org from the list of blog comments & announced on the blog on Friday, January 13th at 10am!
*Disclaimer: This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook or Pinterest. You must be 18 to participate. Only couples and families are eligible for this giveaway. The winner will be announced via this blog!
Who’s ready for another giveaway from one of my fabulous vendors? I am!!! I am excited to announce this giveaway from my friend, Laurie, who owns Sweet Maggie Lu! She makes custom crocheted items of all kinds and has generously donated a super cute owl hat for this giveaway. The hat is intended for children age 2-6. The great news is that she has made one for a boy and one for a girl. The lucky winner will get to choose which gender they want! Also, check out her Etsy site by clicking on the link above to check out the sale she has going on right now!
Want to win one of these cute hats? Follow the 3 easy steps below. The winner will be selected by random.org first thing on Saturday, March 26th!
2. Share the following information on Facebook and/or Twitter the following info: “@Raindancer Studios is giving away an owl hat (age 2-6, boy or girl) from @Sweet Maggie Lu! Go to http://www.blog.raindancerstudios.com to enter the contest under the giveaways tab!” (FYI- Please note you must re-write the @ symbol and select business names to create links in your Facebook status!)
3. Leave a comment here with some blog love after doing step 1 and 2 to officially enter the contest! 🙂 Be sure to let us know which hat you want…girl or boy!
*Sign up for future email notifications regarding giveaways and photography tips by entering your email on the right side of the blog!
Hi there! Welcome to my new blog…a place for finding inspiration and photography insight as well as information regarding Raindancer Studios promotions and workshops. Also, it will most definitely be a place of free giveaways!! 🙂 It will not, however, be a place to find photos from every session. Why? Well, I already blog and post photos from each session on Facebook at www.facebook.com/raindancerstudios (which you can access even if you aren’t a FB user!) AND because I am also a passionate homeschooling mom of my beautiful six year old little girl, Kylie. My time is precious and limited! 🙂 So, this is going to be more of an information and inspiration site with photos included, but not for the purpose of showing off my fav’s from every session! If you want to join the journey, feel free to subscribe by entering your email in the subscription box (on the right side of the page) or signing up for RSS Feeds!
Never heard of Raindancer Studios? Wondering why my business is named Raindancer Studios? Read my “About” link on this blog for more juicy details about my husband’s accident and how this business has been one of the biggest blessings to me and my family.
Now, onto the good stuff…my first free giveaway! My dear friend, Andrea Moberly, owns Knits & Knots, a business where she makes “custom, handmade, unique” items!! She is an amazing stay-at-home mom of 3 kiddos and is located here in Indianapolis! I have several items from her that I have used for photography props, and more on the way soon! Knits & Knots is a great local business to order creative baby shower gifts and cute hats for your whole family! She does great quality work and is very talented! Check out her work at www.knitsandknots.net!
Knits & Knots and I will be giving away this hat (size 3-6 months) based on a random selection from the comments made on this page. The contest winner will be announced this Friday, March 11th at 9am!
To enter the contest, please do the following…
1. “Like” my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/raindancerstudios.
2. “Like” Knits & Knots Facebook page at www.facebook.com/knitsandknots.
3. Share this giveaway info on your Facebook status with links to our FB pages. Here’s an example: “@RaindancerStudios is giving away a free hat from @KnitsandKnots in celebration of her new blog! Check out her blog to enter the contest at http://www.blog.raindancerstudios.com.”
4. Post a comment here on this blog with some love for Raindancer Studios and Knits & Knots along with your name & email address in case you are the winner!
Thanks for stopping in and journeying with me as I adventure through the land of photography! Be sure to sign up for future blog notifications filled with inspiration and information! Even if you don’t have a need for a little girls hat, please share this info with your friends and feel free to post about it on Facebook! 🙂 There will be a different giveaway from another vendor coming up in another 2 weeks!